I.Product introduction and main use: Type ZST closed glass ball sprinkler head is the key thermal sensitive element in Automatic Sprinkler System. The glass sphere is filled with the organic solution of different expansion coefficient. After thermal expansion due to different temperature, the glass sphere breaks, the water flow in pipeline sprays to the deflector with different design, spraying upward, downward and sideward, so as to achieve the purpose of automatic water spraying and fire distinguishing, applicable to the pipe net of automatic sprinkling and distinguishing system such as factories, hospitals, schools, airports, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, the places of entertainment as well as basement and so on with the environmental temperature of 4 ° C to 70 ° C.
II.Working principle: In the case of glass sphere of the closed glass ball sprinkler head filled with the organic solution with a high thermal expansion coefficient, in normal temperature, its shell can bear a certain amount of supporting force to ensure the sealing performance of sprayer . When fire broke out, the temperature of the organic solution rises and expands until the glass body breaks, and then ball holder and sealing loses support and is rushed away by water flow, thus water spraying is started so as to put out a fire.
III.Main technical parameters and specifications: The standard adopted in the product: GB51351-2003 Automatic Sprinkler System Part 1: Sprinkler. Reference standard: GB50261-2005 Code for Installation and Commissioning of Sprinkler Systems.
Table I: Technical parameters
Nominal Diameter (mm)
Connection Thread (R)
Rated Work Pressure (MPa)
Seal Test Pressure (MPa)
Flow Characteristic Coefficient (K)
Table II:The static operating temperature of the glass ball °C
80% of Samples Should Be
Table III.Parameter values of glass ball thermal response time RTI (ms) 0.5
Thermal Response Time Coefficient (RTI)
Conductive Coefficient (C)
Reference Diameter of Glass Ball (mm)
1. Pendent type sprinkler with T - ZSTX15-68 ° C special response time, operating temperature of 68 ° C, and nominal diameter of 15 mm.
2. Upright type sprinkler with K - ZSTZ20-93 ° C fast response time, operating temperature of 93 ° C and nominal diameter of 20 mm.
IV.Features in structure:
Closed glass ball sprinkler head is composed of sprayer, fire fighting glass ball, deflector, ball holder and seal, set screw and etc. After the conformity assessment for all inspections such as 3 MPa sealing test and etc, as well as spot-checked items passed, the set screw should be solidified with bonding agent before commercialized. After installation, no re-dismounting and modification is permitted.
According to working conditions and spraying direction, deflector is designed to multiple structures including spraying upward (upright type), downward (pendent type) and sideward (sidewall type) and etc. When water flow rushes toward the deflector, the fine water flow of globular spraying and parabolic spraying is formed, water spraying area enlarged, as a result of forming protective zone with different sparklers. The glass ball as key thermal sensitive element adopts JOb, the well-know brand of Germany, action reliable and performance stable.
V.Installation and use
1. Sprayer should be installed according to clause 5.2 of GB50261-2005 and the pipeline of automatic sprinkler system should be cleaned before the sprayer is installed to avoid pipeline clogged and giving impact on use effect.
2. The items required for all the sprayers have been inspected when leaving factory, but the sprayer is easy to be damaged in the process of transportation and unloading, especially glass ball. So they should be inspected one by one before installation according to the requirement for on-site inspection in GB50261-2005-3.2.3, and even seal test when necessary to ensure no leakage before installation.
3.Sprayer should be chosen one by one from inside packing box in installation to avoid by all means mixing up and avoid the damage due to the collision of glass ball with sprayer, deflector, framework and etc each other, otherwise, accidental spraying phenomenon will occur due to the breaking of glass ball if pipeline is under pressure after installation.
4. The sprayer is required to be tightened by use of special wrench instead of the wrench in large size. It is strictly prohibited to tighten on the yoke arm of the framework of sprayer to avoid the framework deformed and glass ball damaged.
5.Sprayer should be installed according to design requirements and avoid direct sunlight, as possible, reflection and the cyclotron of high temperature air flow (such as air conditioning pipe, heating pipe, light bulbs and etc.) and avoid the wrong spraying due to the expansion of organic solution in glass ball.
6.The connection thread of sprayer is leakproof taper pipe thread able to be sealed no need to turn powerfully; in case of any leakage after installation, it is required to check if the thread on pipeline conforms to the requirements for installation.
7. The sprayer already installed should be inspected regularly per month as required in appendix G of GB50261-2005 and replaced timely if any abnormality found, and there should be spare parts of the same model in warehouse.
8.In installation of concealed type sprayer, it is not permitted to twist on decorative cover except for using the special wrench provided by our company. Any other coating is not permitted to paint on the decorative cover to prevent fusible alloy from falling off due to melting to avoid molten material failing to trip out at specified temperature.
9.According to the rules in the mandatory provisions in construction and acceptance specification for GB50261-2005 automatic sprinkler system, the construction of the automatic sprinkler system must be undertaken by the construction team with corresponding level.